Meet Kasey Conrad, a Senior Consultant at The Alliance Group. With a background in public accounting at a Big 4 accounting firm, Kasey’s expertise lies in the Real Estate and Investment Trust industry, as well as Not-for-Profit and Aerospace and Defense sectors. Armed with a Bachelor of Business Administration from James Madison University and a Master of Accountancy from Bloomsburg University of Pennsylvania, Kasey’s passion for communication and creative problem-solving has propelled her to excel in the exciting world of consulting. Join us as we explore Kasey’s experiences, insights, and role within The Alliance Group’s Client Advisory team.
How long were you in public accounting?
- “I was in public accounting for two years. I completed a summer internship and then worked for roughly 2 years in the Commercial Audit practice.”
What did you like about public accounting?
- “Communication is extremely important to me, I am constantly thinking, perhaps overthinking, about the best way to get my thoughts across in a meaningful way. Throughout my time auditing in public accounting, I valued that my work helped companies best communicate their story to others.”
What kind of projects have you been working on since working at Alliance?
- “Since I have joined Alliance I have been assisting in an ERP transition project at a large public company. I have been on this project for roughly one year, one year since I joined Alliance! During the ERP transition, I helped to test the new ERP system and provide support to users across the country. This project has taught me how various segments and regions across the globe work together to recognize revenue during month end.”
What do you like most about being on the Client Advisory team at Alliance?
- “What client advisory has opened my eyes to is that although accounting is structured – there is so much diversity in each process. Accountants bring their own creativity and background to each team, which is what makes a difference in coming up with a solution to solve a feat. I was thankful enough to travel to the office of our client in London for two weeks to provide support during the first month end close in the new ERP system. While in London, I was able to connect and work with a variety of users from different backgrounds who each brought their own energy and knowledge into closing the books. It was special to watch people support each other’s needs focusing on one goal while being across the globe.”
Alliance is the official sponsor of weekends how do you spend your weekends now that you are out of public accounting?
- “My weekends are spent doing long runs on the C&O Canal or trying a new restaurant in the DC area. You simply cannot beat Ruthies All Day for brunch!”
As we conclude our Q&A with Kasey Conrad, we gain valuable insights into The Alliance Group’s Client Advisory team’s spirit of innovation and collaboration. From her expertise in communication to her contribution to the ongoing ERP transition project, Kasey exemplifies the dedication that defines our team. Stay tuned for more inspiring interviews as we continue to spotlight the exceptional minds that shape the future of Alliance Client Advisory.
Whether you are seeking strategic advisory services or top-tier accounting and financial talent, The Alliance Group’s Client Advisory team is here to elevate your success.
Want to learn more? Contact us!