We have received a ton of questions over the last 10 years from our clients who engage with us on their urgent interim staffing needs. In this blog, our expert Staffing Team breaks down and answers these frequently asked client questions!
Q: Why should I use Interim Accounting Staff?
A: Temporary or Interim Staffing is best used under the following circumstances:
- When a company has an urgent need that does not afford them the time to conduct a direct-hire search. Maybe a client just had an integral team member resign a week before month-end close – that’s a great time to bring in a temporary resource to help fill the gap while our direct-hire team works on finding a permanent solution!
- Parental Leave: One of the most common reasons an accounting department contacts The Alliance Group for Interim Staffing is that one of their team members is going on Parental Leave.
- Project-Based Work: Let’s say a few accounts have not been reconciled which is slowing down the close process or there are several contracts that need to be closed out – an Interim Staffing resource would be perfect!
Q: Where does The Alliance Group find Interim Accountants?
A: The Alliance Group utilizes every avenue possible to find the best temporary accountants in the market. We source candidates from LinkedIn, Indeed, job boards, our database, and our robust referral network. Alliance ensures that we find the perfect candidate for your team!
Q: I love the idea of “try before you buy!”. Does Alliance offer “contract-to-hire” or “temp-to-hire” Interim Staffing assistance?
A: While we understand the allure to “try before you buy”, in most circumstances, Alliance strongly discourages the “temp-to-hire” route in this current job market. The primary reason is because most employees available for temporary work are unemployed, and with four open direct-hire positions for every unemployed candidate, a “good” candidate looking for a permanent role will find one. In the most unfortunate of circumstances, they will find and accept a direct-hire offer after you spent two weeks investing time and resources into their training.
To avoid this scenario, we recommend asking our Interim Staffing team to find you a temp while our direct-hire team works on a permanent solution!
Q: What are the fees associated with Interim Staffing?
A: The Alliance Group charges an hourly rate for temporary employees, which encompasses the client’s entire cost. While a temp may be slightly more expensive on an hourly basis than a direct-hire employee, the increased cost is offset by the fact that you can end the assignment at any time, are paying no indirect costs/fringe costs, and do not have to pay for PTO or holidays.
Q: Should we require temporary employees to come into the office or will they be OK working remotely?
A: While the answer depends on each company’s policies and the specific needs of the interim assignment, The Alliance Group suggests being open to remote staff on a temporary basis for three main reasons: quality, speed, and specificity!
Expanding the search pool from we which we can carefully source candidates inevitably increases:
- The quality or caliber of candidates presented to the client – with a larger pool, we are afforded the luxury of searching for the sharpest, most professional, highest skilled temporary accountants across the nation (or even just your time zone!)
- The speed with which we can deliver solutions to your urgent needs.
- The chances we can find candidates that meet your specific wish list – software experience, industry experience, cost, education level, etc.
Other benefits conferred by remote work include the shift of time allocation from commuting to work production and reduced rates associated with utilizing temporary resources from areas with lower costs of living!
Q: What sets The Alliance Group apart from others when dealing with Temporary or Interim Staffing?
A: Alliance is the best in the business at finding candidates who are unemployed for a “good reason”, (i.e. laid off due to acquisition, returning to the workforce, etc.) as opposed to a “bad reason” (i.e. terminated or fired for cause). Moreover, because we focus on candidates that WANT to work on an interim basis, the percentage of our candidates that finish projects is leading the industry. Finally, Alliance DOES NOT post temporary jobs on job boards to compete with your internal team.
Want more information? Contact us!
Make sure to follow us on LinkedIn for more blogs, news, and Alliance updates!